For many of us, Harry Potter formed a rather important part of our lives growing up. Even those who did not read the novels, they sure had a fun time binge watching the movie series over and over again.
Harry Potter was not a magical series, but instead it helped us learn plenty of lessons in life and made us appreciate things like friendship, love, acceptance, bravery and much more. The Harry Potter fanatics or “Potterheads” sure like to keep the magic alive, by reciting the Harry Potter quotes again and again. While these may acts may appear foolish to some, reciting quotes from one of your favourite movie series bring their own sense of enjoyment. Oh, we can never thank J.K. Rowling enough for blessing us with the magical series.
Potterheads, this article is going to take you a trip down memory lane by having you read across some quotes from Harry Potter. Be sure to hold in your tears, and of course, your broomsticks!
Incite Your Enthusiasm with Harry Potter Inspirational Quotes
There is no denying that Harry Potter sure helped a lot of us in overcoming our fears and taking a step towards bravery. The great trio and how they managed to fight through the battles sure inspired many of us. Overall, the series had its eye-tearing and jaw-dropping moments. Dobby’s death but undying loyalty to Harry Potter was inspirational, so was Lily’s love for her infant son.
Let’s take a look at some Harry Potter inspirational quotes then, shall we?
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends” spoken by Albus Dumbledore while awarding points to Neville Longbottom in the Philosopher’s Stone. Neville appeared as the typical not-so-brave kid, but he sure displayed some courage by standing up to the trio to prevent the theft of the Philosopher’s Stone.
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities” spoken by Albus Dumbledore in the Chamber of Secrets, when Harry expresses how he fears that he and Voldemort might be the same. Dumbledore reassures him that it depends on us how we use our talents, and that eventually determines our greatness.
- “I am what I am an’ I’m not ashamed” spoken by Rubeus Hagrid in the Goblet of Fire to call out Rita Skeeter for outing him as a half-giant. Hagrid proudly claims that he accepts himself for who he is, and does not care much about what others think. This quote is rather powerful in terms of accepting yourself.
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals” spoken by Sirius Black in the Goblet of Fire while speaking about unfair treatment of house elf Winky by Barty Crouch. This quote makes us realise how our behaviour towards those who are lower than us, speaks volumes about our own character.
Funny Harry Potter Quotes to Trigger Your Laughter!
Harry Potter was not a tale of woes. There were all kinds of moments including the really funny ones, which helped us laugh and forget about our daily tensions. As students especially, we have plenty of tensions to handle, including not getting the right kind of dissertation writing help UK based.
Harry Potter made us laugh too, and it sure would really help to laugh again like the old days, with some funny Harry Potter quotes right?
- “We could all have been killed—or worse, expelled.” spoken by Hermione Granger in the Philosopher’s Stone when the trio escaped the weird dog in the middle of the night. The quote basically explains how Hermione prioritises studying in Hogwarts over everything, including her own life.
- “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” spoken by Harry Potter in the Prisoner of Azkaban to unlock the map given to him by the Weasley Twins. The quote itself is not as funny, as the situation it is spoken in. The map acts as a tool for mischief and is in fact locked again with the words, “Mischief managed”.
- “I mean, it’s sort of exciting, isn’t it, breaking the rules?” spoken by Hermione Granger in the Order of Phoenix when they were all sneaking around to practice as the Order of the Phoenix. The quote felt rather ironic coming from Hermione, who in the first book considered being expelled the worst possible thing that could happen to them.
- “Why couldn’t it be ‘follow the butterflies’?” spoken by Ron Weasley in the Chamber of Secrets when he and Harry escape from Aragog, Hagrid’s pet spider. Since Ron’s biggest fear is spiders, facing Aragog summed up to be toughest challenge which led him to speak the line. He was bewildered on the fact that they had to go to Aragog to get clues about Hagrid’s innocence.
Love Is In The Air With Harry Potter Love Quotes!
Harry Potter was a mixture of several emotions, one of which included love as well. Not only the romantic love, but the friendship love and the parental love and love in all its forms. We were able to witness that from the several stories and relationships which were present as well as were developing in the series. Here you can also find some Harry Potter love quotes to stir up your ‘soft side’.
- “What do I care how he looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave!” Spoken by Fleur Delacour in the Deathly Hallows when Bill is harmed and his physical appearance is distorted in the battle. Fleur was always considered as a haughty person who was obsessed with her own looks but instead, her love for Bill surpassed her superficial nature.
- “Not my daughter, you b*tch!” spoken by Molly Weasley during the Battle of Hogwarts when Bellatrix Lestrange was aiming to attack Ginny Weasley. Molly is usually regarded as the soft-natured mother, but here we see a rather fierce side of her as her protective mother-nature springs up to fight the dangerous Bellatrix.
- “‘After all this time?’ asked Albus Dumbledore
‘Always,’ said Severus Snape this is perhaps one of the most popular quotes in the whole of the series, as we finally find out that Snape was indeed in love with Lily James all this time. The reason this quote carries a special place in all of our hearts is that Snape was always presumed to be a cold-hearted individual with nothing but spite for Harry. But actually, he was the saviour and the friend in disguise who was on the side of the good all along.
- “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and, above all those who live without love.” spoken by Albus Dumbledore when he meets Harry in the afterlife after Voldemort casts the Killing Curse on Harry. Dumbledore stresses upon the importance of love in our lives, making a reference to Voldemort in particular as Voldemort was a child born without love. Due to this, Voldemort could never understand or appreciate the value of love, and instead chose darkness for himself. Dumbledore also reassures Harry that there is no need to pity those who are dead, for those who are living have it much harder.
Oh Gosh – Is There Such A Thing as the Best Harry Potter Quotes?
For a Potterhead, all quotes from Harry Potter are awesome. There is no choosing between any of them. Of course, each of us have our own likes and dislikes which means that while a person may really love one quote, the other would love some other quote. In any case, there is no hating any of the quotes.
The quotes you consider as the best Harry Potter quotes depend upon your preference. In a way, each quote carries its own significance and makes us feel great in our way. We can read some inspirational Harry Potter quotes and instil courage within ourselves, or we can read through the whole series and experience a roller coaster of emotions.
In any way, Harry Potter fandom will never cease to exist and continue to reignite a sense of joy within us Potterheads for ever and ever!